Re: [Moderator Action] Css2.tgz Missnamed.

Peter,

I believe your browser has unzipped the document on the fly.
However, your browser has not renamed the file ".tar".

I just checked the link and what I get is a gzipped tar file.
I've seen this type of message for other specifications, and in each
case, the answer is that the browser does the unzipping silently.

  _ Ian

Peter Statham wrote:

> Hi.
>
> the file:
> www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/css2.tgz
> linked to from:
> www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
> is a tar file not a gzipped tar file and should have a .tar extention instead of .tgz, also the page describes it as a "HTML as a gzip'ed tar file".
>
> I'm not sure if this is a mistake only on this page or if it is on others as well.
>
> Also could you tar the whole directory instead of just the files, so that tar -xf css2.tar creates a dir css2 in the current directory containing the files?
>
> Thanks.
>
> *Stats - 04/03/02

> Sign up for FREE web based email from UfieMail at http://ufie.org/

> You deserve a better email address! Get personalized email @yourname
> or @yourcompany from Everyone.net --> http://www.everyone.net?tag

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447