Guidelines for creating printer-friendly web-pages?

From: Ingrid Lee <ingrid@blastradius.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:50:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'site-comments@w3.org'" <site-comments@w3.org>

Dear Sir/Madame,

I'm a constant visitor of W3C site. Right now I'm doing a research on the
guidelines for creating printer-friendly web pages. However, I couldn't find
any guidelines related to this topic. The closest one I could find was "Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0", and this one is for people with
variety of disabilities.

As you might have noticed, a lot of people use printers on daily basis but
most designers seem to ignore this fact, and they need to have guidelines in
order to create printer-friendly web pages. Is it possible for W3C to
develop a guideline for this?

Thank you.

Ingrid Lee