Small error in "tips and tricks"

From: Jonathan Cross <jcross@macys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:15:30 -0400 (EDT)
To: bert@w3.org, site-comments@w3.org
Hello,
I came across a small error while reading one of your CSS tutorials.
It has to do with an example utilizing the shorthand CSS for the
border property.
It seems that the rules listed in the example are out of order:

http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/figures.html
DIV.figure {
  float: right;
  width: 25%;
  border: thin silver solid;
  margin: 0.5em;
  padding: 0.5em;
  text-align: center;
}

http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-CSS1-19990111#border
5.5.22 'border'
Value: <border-width> || <border-style> || <color>

Normally I wouldn't think it was a big deal, but the spec notes:
"Since the properties to some extent have overlapping functionality,
the order in which the rules are specified becomes important."

Keep up the great work!

-Jonathan Cross

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<signature>
   <name>Jonathan Cross</name>
   <position>Senior Content Engineer</position>
   <email>jcross@macys.com</email>
</signature>