Re: http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/ not rendering in IE6

From: Henri Fallon <henri@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:25:48 -0400
To: Peter Beckman <beckman@purplecow.com>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 10:20:49PM -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
> I would assume that the xml tag shouldn't be there and the DOCTYPE should be the first line.

As this document is XHTML, the XML tag and the doctype are at their place.

> GET /Style/XSL/ HTTP/1.0
> Nope.

You browser may send, along with the get request, his prefered format, in
a content negotiation process.

> Even when I used Fetch to put the page on my own site saved as beckman.html it rendered in IE6.  So I'm just plain confused why it will work on my server, will work locally, but won't render correctly when on your site (www.w3.org).

This il really strange. Most of the times, people having this kind of
problem manage to make it go away by clearing the browser cache and hitting
Shift+reload.

Regards,
--
Henri Fallon - W3C Webmaster