Re: Why not time stamping should be standard for Web technology?

Kamal,

HTTP/1.1 includes a "Last-Modified"  entity-header (see
section 14.29):

   "The Last-Modified entity-header field indicates the date and

    time at which the origin server believes the variant was last
    modified.

Then:

   "HTTP/1.1 servers SHOULD send Last-Modified whenever feasible."

Perhaps what you want is already standardized.

  _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.29

Kamal Tarik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working with the web technology for years. I use to go for my search or
> research purpose on net. One thing which always border me is that I do not
> know how actual is the information which I am reading. Because it not the
> normal practice to embossed web publishing date on the web page.
>
> I am not worried about now, because our web technology is not more than 14
> year old. But what will happen when we celebrate silver or golden jubilee of
> WWW. If at that time w3 would have answer for this important question. I do
> not think if we have another 10 year of web development than anybody can
> sort immense information according to date.
>
> I want to suggest that embossing a time stamp should be made as web
> development standard. I have also suggestion, how it should be implemented.
> If it is some how interesting for you then let me. I will let this
> discussion for the next mail.
>
> With best wishes.
>
> Kamal Tarik
> Software Developer
>
> "eBusiness Solutions for Food & Retail"
>
> www.efoodmanager.com
> efoodmanager AG
> Grossenbaumer Weg 6
> 40472 Duesseldorf
> Germany
> Tel. 0049 211 43903 421

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447