Re: No XML specifications

Ok, this time I have directed my "reply" to site-comments@w3.org....

Maybe something as simple as an additional link "Documents" or
"Documentation" or "Specifications" on the blue banner at the top.
[I don't know WHY I never noticed that banner before.]
Then one should arrive at a page organized by *topic*, including
*just* the things the newcomer or user would care about.
I'm picturing something like this:

	HTML
		HTML tutorial
		HTML 4 standard
		HTML 3.2 standard
		HTML 2.0 standard
		link to other documents
	XML
		XML FAQ
		Introduction to XML
		XML Specifications
	XHTML
	(etc)

BTW, I *love* the w3 site and have used it over the years
as a primary source for material I use in classes.  Too
often, secondary sources turn out to be wrong.

I think if you made your site more beginner-friendly, more
people might tend to follow your advice and buy in to your
point of view.  Today's beginner is tomorrow's practitioner. :-)