Website design...

From: Rob Cummings <rob@studioequis.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:32:47 -0500 (EST)
To: <site-comments@w3.org>
Can I redesign your site, please?

I've been very conscious of W3's Web Accessibility Initiative lately, and I'm sure W3's website was designed with the WAI at least partially in mind.  While the WAI places a few restrictions on dynamic page layout, I think W3's site still has a lot of potential.  ;-)

I'll leave the techy stuff to you guys, but please find someone else for design.  An organization that is gaining popularity, support, and credibility like W3 has recently needs to maintain its image with strenghth and authority.  The site functions fine, but if it looks weak, it'll be preceived as weak--no matter what the content.

I'm contantly turning the W3 site to resolve my web-design standards-related issues (WAI, CSS, etc.).  You guys are doing a very good thing there.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your time,
Rob Cummings
StudioEquis
(248) 544-1329