local mirror/ copy of standards

From: Zenaan Harkness <zen@getsystems.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2002 08:57:12 +1100
To: site-comments@w3.org

I want to have a local mirror on my laptop of the current
recommendations.

When I run wget, it seems to be traversing and getting multiple copies
of the same documents - perhaps the site is set up with links, but wget
doesn't know this.

I know things are updated regularly, but I am in Vanuatu and my download
costs are really high, and so I want to be able to read while offline.
It is pretty frustrating for me at the moment.

If there is such a thing as a download tarball of the site - or even for
different groups of documents/ standards, that would be really, really
appreciated.

Sincerely
Zenaan

--
Mr Zenaan Harkness, Manager, VIDC
Phone: +678 25 151  Fax: +678 25 178  Mobile: +678 45 179