Comment on w3 site

From: Ian Broster <ian@broster.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:26:30 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org

Hi,

I have just written a letter to a professional company with an appalling
web site, encouraging them to consider using  W3 standards etc. I would
have liked to finish the letter with "I further refer you to..."  with a
reference to a single, short, motivational document on the web that a
business manager would read and think "I had no idea, we should really
do something now." However, I could find no such document on W3.org.

I would like to suggest therefore that if such a document already
exists, then a link might be made from prominent position on the front
page at w3.org. Perhaps with wording something like "Why should I use
W3 standards?".

I did consider referencing something like
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/07/WebAgency-Requirements or
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Points/ but clearly, this is your mission
statement, rather than something which a manager would necessarily
appreciate or be motivated by.

Yours faithfully

Ian Broster