Re: W3C Home page in XHTML Basic (comments)

From: Vicente Luque Centeno <vlc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:54:31 +0100
To: site-comments@w3.org, janet@w3.org

Since bottom aligning does not properly work on Explorer (it works nice on Netscape, Mozilla and Opera), I have added an alternate
stylesheet so the page can be seen with the proper stylesheet for every browser (so that the user can choose it, something present
in some browsers like Mozilla).

1.- Initial: 3 columns, without bottom aligning, as initially published by W3C

2.- Bottom aligining: 3 columns, with bottom aligning, not working on Explorer nor Konqueror (a problem from their CSS compliance),
but working on others (Mozilla, Netscape and Opera).

In any case, the page at http://www.it.uc3m.es/vlc/World.html is XHTML Basic 1.0. Minor changes to move from XHTML Strict to XHTML
Basic don't really affect the layout, since the W3C Home layout relies on CSS. Bottom aligning is a matter of my change to the
stylesheet, not of XHTML Basic.

Best regards.

--
Vicente Luque Centeno
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - Dpto. de Ingeniería Telemática