Re: dhtml properties

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:59:25 -0500
To: Inizz@aol.com
CC: site-comments@w3.org
Inizz@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't find any pages on your website that clearly define the current
> standard for DHTML properties (object.style.pixelHeight,
> object.style.pixelLeft, object.style.pixelWidth, etc.).
>
> Does the site contain this information?

DHTML is a marketing term and does not correspond to any
specification (at least at W3C). DHTML involves HTML,
CSS and the DOM. These specifications may be found at
http://www.w3.org/TR/.

I'm not sure that you find the properties you mention
above. You may have to refer to a particular vendor's
implementation of what they call DHTML.

 - Ian
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447