Re: Usability/UI guidelines

Chris Anderson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm an Information Architect working for a web consultancy. I was wondering
> if there are any W3C recommendations on usability (covering
> navigation/feedback/site structure etc)? I've got the Web Content
> Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, but these only cover users with disabilities,
> rather than the universal user.

Chris,

W3C does not currently have usability Guidelines. There has been
discussion about a generalized set of usability guidelines that
would incorporate accessibility, internationalization, general
usability, and more. W3C will be pursing quality assurance in
a new Activity, and it may be that usability is one of the topics
addressed in that Activity.

Cheers,

 - Ian

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chris Anderson
> Xceed Inc

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783