Re: CGI on your front page

Tony Davie wrote:

> Hello, I have been trying to learn how to write CGI scripts (using my
> Mac as a server) and thought that your site would be a good place to
> start for information. Your front page (http://www.w3.org/) has a
> nice index (W3C A to Z) on it, but this makes no mention of CGI even
> though, after searching around, I found you had a page at
> http://www.w3.org/cgI/. Do you think it would be a good idea to add
> it to the list?

Wow, I didn't even know we had this page
"CGI: Common Gateway Interface" [1]!
[Last modified: $Date: 1999/10/13 20:35:00 $ ]

W3C is not currently doing any work (to my knowledge) related
to CGI scripts per se, and the interface in question is not
defined in a W3C technical report. That's why CGI doesn't
appear in the index on our home page. We could add it to the
site index, on the other hand.

How did you locate it, by the way?

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/CGI/

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783