Actually I have a question

From: Rose <rosefinn@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:09:40 -0500 (EST)
To: <site-comments@w3.org>
I am a student @ University of Massachusetts@Lowell.
I would like to know how long it took from the beginning of the project to
the release of the latest and greatest version of HTML 4.0 took.
You had to review it, test it and add to it as needed and then test it
again.  Did it take months or even years.  I really need the answer.  I can
get extra credit if I get it right.  Any details about the process would be
great, and who does the work would be even better.
Thanks,
Rosemary Twohig