Re: Downloading XML specification

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:17:37 -0400
To: bmurphy77@mindspring.com
CC: site-comments@w3.org
bmurphy77@mindspring.com wrote:

> I am unable to find a zipped version of the xml1.0 specification to download and access locally on my machine.
>
> There were \ are zipped versions for previous HTML specs and XHTML specs and previously for XMl also.
>
> Will a zipped version of XML 1.0 be made available

Billy,

I am not sure whether a zipped version will be made available.
Generally,
each Working Group decides which formats it will use to make its
specifications available. Today, to my understanding, the only
"mandatory"
format for publishing a W3C specification is some version of HTML.

I suggest that you write to the email address in the specification that
interests you and request that they include a zipped version in their
future drafts.

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783