Re: Downloading XML specification

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:17:37 -0400
To: bmurphy77@mindspring.com
CC: site-comments@w3.org
bmurphy77@mindspring.com wrote:
> I am unable to find a zipped version of the xml1.0 specification to download and access locally on my machine.
> There were \ are zipped versions for previous HTML specs and XHTML specs and previously for XMl also.
> Will a zipped version of XML 1.0 be made available

I am not sure whether a zipped version will be made available.
each Working Group decides which formats it will use to make its
specifications available. Today, to my understanding, the only
format for publishing a W3C specification is some version of HTML.

I suggest that you write to the email address in the specification that
interests you and request that they include a zipped version in their
future drafts.

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783