Re: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] FTP Dowload]

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 14:50:01 -0400
To: ashypy@runbox.com
CC: site-comments@w3.org
"Ian B. Jacobs" wrote:

> Ashie Pie (ashypy@runbox.com) wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I just wonder if w3.org has a ftp address allow end user to download the
> > html document for reference, instead of getting online, saving the html page
> > by page?  Any suggestion would do for offline browseing/without using
> > http:// and retrieve all the source files at your site, many thanks.
> > Ashley

Ashley,

Some specifications are available in different formats,
including packages for offline reading. Look at the top of
each document for "Available formats" (and either zip or
tar files).

I don't think that W3C has an ftp server for its files. We rely
on HTTP.

Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783