Re: Defaulting to Japanese (CSS validator tool)

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:28:22 -0400
To: Kristin Bradley <kristin@dml.com>
CC: site-comments@w3.org
Kristin Bradley wrote:

> Hello,
>     Whenever I use your CSS validator tool it always displays the results to
> me in Japanese. I am physically located in Tokyo and the operating system on
> my computer at work is Japanese Windows 2,000. However my browser is English
> Explorer 5.5.
>     I would prefer to be able to see the results of your CSS validator in
> English. Could you either provide links to different language versions on
> the results page or change your system to look at the language of the
> browser rather than the operating system? You could also check to see if the
> user is coming from the English version of your home page. (Even if I go to
> http://www.w3.org/ which is in English and click on the link to the CSS
> Validator it redirects me to the Japanese language Validator page.)

Kristin,

I suspect that your browser is set to prefer Japanese over English.
I suggest you look under "Internet Options" (I'm not sure this
is where the settings are located) and checking out your language
preferences.

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783