Re: ??????????????

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2001, lesgarçons wrote:
> > W3C : WORLD WORLD WORLD not your f... English and only english.
> > W3C : Windows World, Mac World, Linux World  or People world ?????
> >
> > Where is the french, deutsh ............. part of this site ???

Hello,

I would just like to add to Dominique's comments that I agree
that it would be useful to have more of our pages translated
into different languages. Our primary problem is resources:
while we have an international Team, the Team doesn't have time
to do its work and to translate all of our documents into
all known languages. So we rely on the public to help.

Let us know if you are interesting in translating any
of the materials on the site.

Thank you,

 - Ian

> Please see:
>         http://www.w3.org/International/
> to be aware of the efforts of the W3C about internationalization.
>
> About OS and even device independence, please see:
>         http://www.w3.org/2001/di/
>
> BTW, several of our recommendations are translated
> (http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/)
>
> Finally, the W3C is hosted by research orgnizations in 3 countries (USA,
> France and Japan). I am myself French.
>
> So, if you want to see more French or German in our site, please help!
>
> Regards,
>
> Dom
> --
> Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/
> W3C's Webmaster at MIT
> mailto:dom@w3.org - tel: +1-617-258-8143

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783