Dictionaries in TGZ format

From: Michael Kilby (GfAB) <gfab@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:03:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Irene Vatton" <Irene.Vatton@w3.org>, "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "web-human@w3.org" <web-human@w3.org>

I'm having trouble unpacking the German dictionary for Amaya.

> To install a dictionary you have just to unzip and untar it into the current
> directory Amaya/dicopar with the command "tar xzf gzipped-tar-file".

Since I don't use UNIX, I do not have easy access to an Untar or Gzip
utility. Is there a common PC-program that can handle this operation?

Would it be possible for W3C to place the dictionaries in .ZIP-format
for PC-users on the FTP-server? This would facilitate installation of
Amaya for users who require a language other than English or French,
and who have no UNIX experience.

--Michael Kilby (kilby@gfab.de)

GfAB Schönermark mbH
Frauenhagener Str. 24