Re: I have a comment about this list

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:13:18 -0400
To: Bruce Papazian <bpapazian@imsproject.org>
CC: site-comments@w3.org
Bruce Papazian wrote:

> I really like the idea of this format for collecting user
> feedback.  However, I note a lot of seemingly irrelevant mail showing up
> here.  Can you explain that?

To solve this problem, we could require subscription to the list
(which would be easy) and then we would reduce dramatically the amount
of spam). Furthermore, we are working on a way to allow people to
subscribe
to just one w3c list and then for those where they had open access
before, they
wouldn't have to do anything special.

In short, we are all suffering from the amount of spam we are getting
and we're trying to find reasonable solutions.

Stay tuned!

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783