Re: Links to non-W3C standards sites?

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:37:44 -0400
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
CC: Alex Vincent <ajvincent@hotmail.com>, site-comments@w3.org, clilley@w3.org
Ian Jacobs wrote:
> I agree wholeheartedly that we should provide links to relevant
> information from relevant pages. So if the SVG and DOM specs rely
> on IDL, they should link to the IDL definition or some relevant
> resource.

Basically, yes, we should link the IDL/ECMScript pages except that
providing a link to the OMGIDL/Ecmascript is difficult. They keep
changing their sites. I asked ECMA to maintain the old URIs but they
don't really care.

For example, this OMGIDL page is still "under construction":
http://www.omg.org/gettingstarted/omg_idl.htm

The latest version of the DOM spec contains the two following links:
OMGIDL
http://sisyphus.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/corba_2.htm
ECMAScript
http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ECMA-262.HTM

but I can't garantee that these links will still be available in one
or two years.

Philippe