Re: Archival documents?

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:30:29 -0400
To: Jim Syler <Zarquon42@mac.com>
CC: site-comments@w3.org
Jim Syler wrote:

> Not long ago, there were relatively obvious links to old W3 documents in
> archive. I can't find them anymore in any easily found link.

Which old documents?

We did move some of the history links to About W3C [1]
(look for "Background"). That's because these pages do
not get hit much.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/

> Also, has anyone noticed that most of the site comments are in fact ads?
> Perhaps this forum should be moderated.

We haven't had too much spam yet. If it gets really bad, yes,
we could require people to subscribe to send email. But that might
discourage commenters. Perhaps the systems folks can suggest
something.

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783