Re: metadata and ontologies

Simply put:
Metadata is easy; ontologies are hard ;-)

Sorry.

But maybe because:
Metadata is something you can't much argue about the values of;
if it is an ontology you can argue, and probably will.

For example:
I can tell you what my mother's Maiden Name was; and I could tell you what her Birth Name was.
That's metadata.
But if you started to discuss whether they were the same (they weren't), you would have moved beyond the world of metadata.

No pointers, I'm afraid, but examples.

--
Hugh
023 8061 5652