Re: Deep Fakes, Phishing & Epistemological War - how we can help combat these.

> On 5 Jun 2019, at 08:53, Brian McBride <brian.mcbride@epimorphics.com> wrote:
>

> On 04/06/2019 21:50, Henry Story wrote:
> [...]
>> If the local nation based registrars such as companieshouse.gov.uk [1]
>> were to put their  data up in JSON-LD,
> May not be exactly what you are looking for but ...
>
> http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/ <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/>

Oh very neat! I was not aware that CompaniesHouse had a SPARQL endpoint.

I searched for my dormant company

DESCRIBE <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/09920845>

which returned

<http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/09920845>
        a                        rov:RegisteredOrganization , org:FormalOrganization , terms:RegisteredCompany ;
        terms:accountsSchedule   <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/09920845/accounts-schedule> ;
        terms:companyProfile     <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/09920845> ;
        terms:countryOfOrigin    "United Kingdom"@en ;
        terms:incorporationDate  "2015-12-17"^^xsd:date ;
        terms:registeredAddress  <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/09920845/registered-address> ;
        terms:returnsSchedule    <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/09920845/returns-schedule> ;
        skos:notation            "09920845" ;
        skos:prefLabel           "CO-OPERATING SYSTEMS LTD."@en ;
        org:identifier           "09920845" ;
        rov:legalName            "CO-OPERATING SYSTEMS LTD." ;
        rov:orgActivity          sic:62012 , sic:62020 , sic:62090 ;
        rov:orgStatus            <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/def/company-status/0> ;
        rov:orgType              <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/def/company-category/private-limited-company> ;
        rov:registration         <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/09920845/registration> .

I am actually interested in turning that company into a Community Interest Company if I ever
get finance coming my way…

Another very useful resource ithey provide is a list all the other registrars
world wide that similar to them (I guess that there are many other types of registrars
for other types of institutions like universities, etc… )

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-registries/overseas-registries <https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-registries/overseas-registries>

But that is a good starting point.

Henry