Re: What is a Knowledge Graph? CORRECTION

One further note on the Knowledge Graph discussion

The reliance on KG (both as a word/naming convention, as as a mechanism for
KR)
is a concern, and somewhat can be cause of awful distortions - which will
impact perception and decision making

The literature analysis by Mike Bergman is very valuable in that it helps
us to understand what happened, how KG evolved
http://www.mkbergman.com/2244/a-common-sense-view-of-knowledge-graphs/

Mike, can you please specify which knowledge base/endpoint and what software
was used to generate the Figures 1 and 2 - could not find that info in the
post
would like to replicate /tweak your citation diagrams

I find this thesis and some of the conclusions, important:
/pdfs.semanticscholar.org/d768/76495f20493243bb862fce467534226c8bd5.pdf?_ga=2.9759605.1126947389.1563945860-1966063881.1561180249

QUOTE

e believe that these developments will continue to shift the attention of
industry and researchfrom the document-centric information processing
towards a facts or KG-based perspective inwhich information will no longer
be a collection of natural language text (documents) – butinstead be
handled at the level of (single or connected) facts. In the long-term
perspective, how-ever, when natural language generation from such fact
knowledge bases will work sufficientlywell, the users will no longer
interact directly with neither documents nor facts, but only askquestions
that an advanced search-engine interface will answer, while the complexity
of KGgeneration, information processing, reasoning, and question answering
will be hidden.
UNQUOTE

Namely the limitations of KG
- cannot help to represent the truth/fact checking
-  human understanding and decision making will be based  on machine based
truth
assertions (representationS) that humans cannot easily check/understand
But fact checking cannot be fully automated!!

In relation to AI, and SW, separating the human representation from the
machine representation (KG)
may prevent not only fact checking but also error correction. arghhhh

I hope that future work in KG  tackles these gaps

PDM