Re: Pragmatic Authoring Tools for RDF Stores

Le sam. 22 sept. 2018 15:59, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Stephen , please try semantic_forms ,
>
> maintained,
> user manual,
> open source,
> formatting and editing and more,
> sandbox here:
> http://semantic-forms.cc:9111/
> enter serious data here:
> http://semantic-forms.cc:9112

Answers interleaved below.

> JMV
>

> Le sam. 22 sept. 2018 à 15:43, Steven Harms <sgharms@stevengharms.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> *Note: Vocabulary choice might be off below. Read with maximal
>> flexibility*
>>
>> After reading up on RDF, vocabulary authoring, and getting to know a
>> number of vocabularies, I want to populate a collection. However, when I
>> make my first steps in this regard I find myself both hindered and confused
>> by lack of tooling.
>>
>> *Interface: *As an example, I'd expect to be able to find a tool that
>> lets one import vocabularies to the tool

SF allows to import any RDF HTTP data source, so any vocabulary can be
imported. For convenience tens of vocabularies are preloaded.

as the available options with authoring statements.

part of sentence not understood

Given the "triple," I'd expect to select a subject, predicate, object as
>> chosen from those data provided by the cached vocabularies

Vocabularies do not provide data, they declare properties and classes  used
in data.
SF displays all triples with the requested  subject URI. In edit mode user
changes triple objects, with completion on URI label. For example, when
editing a foaf.knows triple, typing Van triggers a completion proposal for
the URI of a foaf.Person relevntm in his case  my FOAF profile.

>> When I look for such a thing (
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/AuthoringToolsForRDF), the tools are mostly > 10
>> years old with few updates and no *de facto* standard. In general, most
>> searches to find an authoring platform point to dead links or bit-rotted
>> pages. Ultimately, this leads me to ask whether my understanding is correct.
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1. Is authoring like I described above
>>
> Sorry. but your description is too vague.
If you try SF, and features are missing, I m likely to implement them.