Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

This sounds like a potentially very worthwhile discussion.

On 22/11/2018 8:40 AM, David Booth wrote:
> One bright light in our favor is that RDF already provides a
> very solid foundation to build upon, based on formal logic.

Would you mind clarifying this statement a bit? What practical benefits
would the foundation on formal logic add to a future (simplified) RDF,
for average users? I have seen plenty of evidence that some aspects of
the semantic technology stack are being regarded as too academic, and
that the role of formal logic has been one driver of this detachment.
Related topics are the non-unique-name-assumption and the open world
assumption that are typically neither understood nor expected by average
users.

Thanks
Holger