Re: TheWebConf articles and ACM URI dance: "free" and "Open Access"

Hi,
ACM is a membership society. I presume that if a majority of its members votes to make the DL free open access, the management will be compelled to implement it…
As I understand it, the income from DL is one of the major revenue streams for ACM, which allows it to provide the other services to members.
Perhaps more transparency about this would be welcome, but, again, this is up to the membership to request.

Cheers
Daniel

> On May 1, 2018, at 09:25  - 01/05/18, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
>
> On 05/01/2018 05:16 AM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>> The Official ACM demonstrates "free" and "Open Access":
>
> . . . [Long, convoluted fail]  . . . .
>> PS: Until ACM figures out AWWW, URI management, HTML,..
>
> Nice sleuthing!  The ACM's continued failure to provide free and open access is an embarrassment to the field of computer science.  Anyone know the folks in ACM management, to try to get this changed?
>
> Thanks,
> David Booth

Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe