Re: Historical events

Semiotically, an Event could be regarded as the occurrence of a Concept in
the form of a Sign for a given Object (metaclass / class / instance
relationship). Occurrences of entities happens as dimensional measures, not
only temporal or physical ('birthdays' could be a 'dimension'). Measures
bring Data from which Contexts (schema) could be aggregated. And from
schema one could infer Interactions or roles in behaviors (DCI OO design
pattern).

This is roughly sketched at:
https://github.com/ssamarug/ssamarug/blob/master/Metamodel.pdf?raw=true

I think dimensional modelling approach is not only useful in OLAP cubes but
also in the Semantic Web. For example in this Event / Period dilemma.

Is this discussion pertinent to the SW community in general (semantic-web)?
As this is an ontological issue I'm including the corresponding list.
Regards,

Sebastián.
http://exampledotorg.blogspot.com