Re: Newsletter & Call for Papers WebSci'18

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:25 PM Axel Polleres <axel@polleres.net> wrote:

> Except you miss that Sarven is one of the few people who does put some
> real work into making HTML publishing possible, I would like to add in his
> defence (which is also why I do respect his strategy ;-))

I disagree. We did HTML publishing in Web conference series and it barely
worked due to MathML/Latex problem. Dokeli does not address and Sarven
doesn’t even seem to understand problem, as he conflated the requirements
of publishing a blog post with scientific papers. Latex is still far
superior. When he or anyone comes back with something up to par with Latex
for math, then I will take him seriously. Otherwise it’s basically spam for
a project that doesn’t work yet, even if it’s well-intended spam.

I would suggest rather than spamming this list, Sarven work on something
that really solves the problem (i.e. spend some time converting real papers
and datasets over to a web-friendly form) to understand the poribkrm -  and
THEN advertises it rather than being a second-rate ideologue