Re: Newsletter & Call for Papers WebSci'18

Dear Paul, all,

I fully agree, the aspect of representing scholarly communication in a
more structured and semantic way is absolutely crucial.

Making scholarly communication more webby can help here a lot, because
semantics can be meanwhile easily embedded and integrated in Web documents.

Another angle to the issue is integrating semantic descriptions into
something like an open research knowledge graph. We recently drafted a
position paper [1] about this and are now starting the development of a
first prototype.

Overall, I can only support Sarven and the others, we need to do more to
use the practices we preach. There are certainly still certain obstacles
(e.g. usability), but identifying those helps us to guide further
research and development.

Best,

Sören

[1] https://zenodo.org/record/1157185