Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

On 10/12/2018 17:04, Franconi Enrico wrote:
> Hi,
> I believe that, in order to properly/correctly solve this issue, SPARQL
> implementations could provide a mean to get for each bnode in a SPARQL
> query answer the data graph node /*bound*/ to it, e.g., for each SPARQL
> query result  there could be a table with bindings: <result-bnode,
> data-graph-node>.
>
> IMHO it would be wrong (and not necessary, in this case) to give
> persistent identifiers to bnodes.
> cheers
> --e.

The rules for system identifiers would need to limits on their
persistence (e.g. may change, non-reuse) but instead of dealing with the
cases one-by-one, have one general mechanism and it should be applicable
to network use which means some kind of serialization.

Extend "IRI(bnode)" to be skolemization, for example.

I'd prefer to introduce a separate space for bnode system ids, but
skolemization/distinguished IRIs do seem to cover many uses and are RDF 1.1.

     Andy