Re: Extent of SHACL?

Thanks Frans. Playground does sound like the place I need to go.

Applications for documentation etc. makes a lot of sense.

Glad you see the same SHACL vs. OWL = Spurious thing that prompted me to
post. I imagine our esteemed colleagues in Manchester have some
(incomprehensible to me) analysis in the pipeline.

The Jena thing I mentioned, all due respect to Bristol, was rather
haphazard, mostly syntax sanity-checking. But was very useful. Something
similar properly spec'd out, little bit of semantics, should be much more
so. ...Playground.

Aside, this is the kind of thing - quoting danbri & libby from The Book On
It (yet to read) [1] : "The contents of this book are nearly 20 years too
late, but better now than never.".
My own experience over the past few years has been, dichotomous,
trichotomous, tetratomous, pentamonous (?) . You have SQL folks who worry
about not having constraints, "how can you work with such sloppiness?"
(30%), The Young Turks: JSON API developers that despite using URLs all day
can't see the wood for the trees (70%). Logicians (5%). Stay-at-home time
travellers (if only the Web had started differently), (2%). Finally the
people on this list (1^-15% or 100%, YMMV).
But that SQL brigade is the most influential, predicated on being reliable.
Win them over, rather a big job done. Seems silly, but locally closed
worlds in the cloud...

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://book.validatingrdf.com/bookHtml005.html