Re: Representing Graph Structures

On 2018-08-01 13:54, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
> On 2018-07-31 06:29, Adam Sobieski wrote:
>> Semantic Web Interest Group,
>>
>> I would like to share with you an interesting example of a markup which
>> can represent graphs such that nodes, edges, graphs and subgraphs can be
>> semantically described and interrelated. Use case scenarios include
>> diagrammatic models with selections, regions drawn atop the diagrams,
>> which become reified semantic elements. Such regions or selections can
>> be nested or overlap.
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/community/exercises-and-activities/wiki/Representing_Nested_and_Overlapping_Subgraphs
>

> Thanks for sharing Adam.
>
> I'm curious, what's the use case for a new markup to express such
> information (and view)?
>
> Can't this be achieved using any of the existing RDF syntaxes and a
> suitable vocabulary - that indicates the "view" information. If memory
> serves me well, there is existing work on that.
>
> -Sarven
> http://csarven.ca/#i

In my opinion, an ideal scenario would be where by default the
information is human and machine-readable achieved with SVG+RDFa. Any
consuming application can still present a different view without
compromising the underlying semantics.

See for example (source):
https://www.w3.org/TR/ldn/linked-data-notifications-overview.svg

and

https://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ARPServlet.tmp/servlet_4789266475868108626.svg

Granted that's only a view of raw nodes/edges, but a consuming
application can use whatever is expressed in the content to direct its
output in SVG.

So, it should just be a matter of reusing or creating a vocabulary to
express graph-y stuff.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i