Re: Spaces vs tabs: what is right for SW?

Stephen D. Williams wrote on 10/29/17, 5:35 AM :

> Tabs are pretty much forbidden in source code of any kind, except Makefiles.

In our team we use *of course* tabs because then one can choose individually
how much space that would make. "Model-view" paradigm!

Code is java using eclipse and scripting with vim.

>  Because Microsoft went a different way than the Unix
> world, and now we all play together on the same projects, code, etc., tabs aren't allowed in any sane environment anymore.  All or
> nearly all coding standards dictate spaces only, which programming editors can be configured for.

I wondered if this is so and had a look in a project mainly coded by
Windows-Users. They also use tabs.

oo