Re: Keeping the Faith

>From my beginer point of view:

I think the problem is how one regards SW technologies as (RDF/S, OWL,
SPARQL, Graph oriented databases with quad/triple abstractions in general,
etc.) in respect to existing frameworks / technologies.

If one regards SW as the new Web and its technology stack as the new (for
example) HTML / XML / Java / JavaScript stack, then the problem will be to
try to solve problems that those technologies solved well in the past (and
present).

Including JavaScript (JSON) is a better notation most of the times than
trying to make everything fit into a model (for which there could be
'transformations' to accomplish the same goals).

The 'actual' Web stack is meant for 'humans' for editing and consumption.
HTML was meant for easy edition of markup in any text editor for almost
anyone. Programming / scripting / serialization languages (and the rest of
the actual Web stack) remains in the spirit of being easily 'human
readable' or editable.

That's necessary, of course, because all of us remain almost human. And we
need to edit code and markup. But when one state that SW will be 'the web
for machines' something makes think that maybe it should be regarded a
little bit lower in the technology stack: something like an 'Assembly
language' for the next generation of network applications / architectures
of the Web.

So, there will be no need to be human friendly (nor assembly language is)
because once then one will be building higher level abstractions over the
time which will allow to use editors or other tools (like SW compiled
programming languages) to construct applications which, maybe, will have no
notion of (low level) triples but have those of our business domains.

In fact, what I've tried to do all this time with SW 'form' is to implement
executable model-driven abstractions.

Regards,
Sebastian.

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_data_management