Re: An Introduction to Description Logic

I have been reading it for the past month as an e-book, and learnt
a lot doing so :-) It's really useful to have an up to date view
of the state of the art.

What I find very surprising is the relation between description logic and
modal logic, which I have been told of before.  Actually by following a
few links to articles in the book I ended up on an article that argued that
description logics was actually invented ten year prior by Arthur Prior in the
1960ies, who even seemed to have discovered nominals. It is just that this
was not widely noticed because of his insistence on  used Polish notation

Blackburn, P. (2006). Arthur Prior and hybrid logic. Synthese, 150(3), 329-372.
Chicago
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3198/4fa70bbba1e3e7da6c948e87e12f4b9af89b.pdf

As I was trying to understand that I tried to attach it to Counterfactual logics
by David Lewis which I knew well and found this article

Sano, K. (2009). Hybrid counterfactual logics. Journal of Logic, Language and Information, 18(4), 515-539.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10849-009-9090-0

which lead me to re-read David Lewis' Counterfactuals and indeed I was surprised
to find that he argued that by changing the extensions of the interpretation
from possible worlds to sets, and therefore creating a distance relation between
objects in a set one could have a logic of attention. But that is clearly very
similar to description logics too.

I have not finished the book, because I am getting lost following links....
But thanks for reminding me where I was :-)