Re: Why semantic markup on public web pages in 2017

Hi Chris,

Well, there's a few reasons it's a good idea, but seeing you're in
Australia the predominant reason is that Library of Australia sucks up
and archives Australian web sites, and they indeed use DC metadata
when available.

These discussions often is of the "but Google is clever, we don't need
meta data, they'll figure it out" kind, however note that Google is a
primary supporter of various meta data initiatives. And I suspect they
like DC still, despite not strictly needing it.

Does your discussions feed into automatically created vs. manual meta
data, but any chance?

Cheers,

Alex

--
 Information Alchemist / UX consultant / GUI developer for hire
 http://thinkplot.org     |  http://www.linkedin.com/in/shelterit