Re: Which semantics?

On Wikipedia:

"A semantic reasoner, reasoning engine, rules engine, or simply a reasoner,
is a piece of software able to infer logical consequences from a set of
asserted facts or axioms. The notion of a semantic reasoner generalizes
that of an inference engine, by providing a richer set of mechanisms to
work with. The inference rules are commonly specified by means of an
ontology language, and often a description logic language"

CWM, which is part of SWAP mentioned earlier, uses a forward chaining
reasoner where someone specifies rules and then uses the --think or --rules
option when running with cwm. (refer to cwm --help).

The link I provided earlier to swap,
https://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/Processing is a bit dated. If you'd
like the latest stuff, go to https://github.com/linkeddata/swap .

In a broader perspective, here is a list of resources compiled for the
semantic web domain :

Indiana.edu Semantic  Course:

http://info.slis.indiana.edu/~dingying/Z636Fall2014.html

University of Edinbergh Semantic Web Systems book

https://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/teaching/courses/sws/

University of Georgia Semantic Web Course

http://lsdis.cs.uga.edu/SemWebCourse_files/SemWebCourse.htm

FAU Semantic Web Course

http://semanticweb.fau.edu/

Lehigh University Semantic Web Course

http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~heflin/courses/sw-2013/

UNB Semantic Web Techniques Course

https://www.cs.unb.ca/~boley/cs6795swt/syllabus.html

Université Jean-Monnet Semantic Web Course

http://www.emse.fr/~zimmermann/Teaching/SemWeb/

Linked Data Tools.com Semantic Web Basics

http://www.linkeddatatools.com/semantic-web-basics

University of Mannheim Semantic Web Technologies Course

http://dws.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/en/teaching/
courses-for-master-candidates/cs660semanticwebtechnologies/

Finland Semantic Web and Ontology Engineering Course

http://www.cs.jyu.fi/ai/vagan/itks544.html

TDT-44 Semantic Web Course

https://www.ntnu.no/wiki/display/idiemner/TDT-44+Semantic+Web

University of Rome -Knowledge Representation and Semantic Technologies

http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~rosati/krst/

University of Koblenz Semantic Web Course

https://west.uni-koblenz.de/en/studium/lehrveranstaltungen/ss14/
semantic-web/semantic-web

Euclid Project
http://euclid-project.eu/
Dr. Harald Sack, Linked Data Engineering - OpenHPI
https://open.hpi.de/courses/semanticweb2016
Linked Data Book - Tom Heath, Christian Bizer
http://linkeddatabook.com/editions/1.0/
What is Linked Data? - Manu Sporny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_xzT5eF5Q&t=108s

-Brent Shambaugh