Re: With footnotes (was Re: Open Access to Journal of Web Semantics (JWS))

Peer review is usually not public because it can be embarrassing to the
author. While I understand some people preferred to be embarrassed in
public (such as on mailing lists), this may not be in everyone's interest
and may not lead to more or better research,. Not sure of any experimental
results on the effect of open reviews on submissions or quality.