How to add "labels" to SPARQL output

From: Mario Valle <mvalle@cscs.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 06:33:28 +0100
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>
Dear SPARQL gurus,
I have a graph, composed by nodes and link joining them, represented as
triples. Now for a specific node I want to list the nodes that are
pointed FROM the given node or that point TO the given node. This is easy:

SELECT  ?node_in ?node_out
WHERE {

	?central_node a <node> ;
		<id> 123 .
	{
		[] <output_node_link> ?central_node ;
		   <input_node_link> ?node_in .
	}
	UNION
	{
		[] <input_node_link> ?central_node ;
		   <output_node_link> ?node_out .
	}
}

My question: instead of having two columns to distinguish linked node as
IN or OUT, is it possible to have a single ?node_related column and a
variable that says "IN" or "OUT"?

I think I have to put before my query a CONSTRUCT that adds this field
to the related nodes, but I don't know if this field could be defined
"temporary" and does not modify the db content.

Thanks for your help!
			mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)