Re: HTTPS and the Semantic Web

Rdf often auto generated, using relative URIs, or explicit URIs generated
from the server http host of the request.

The problem is that when people migrate to http2/https the URIs in the rdf
files change to https. So you're trying to find http://example.com/Alice#me
but get https://example.com/Alice#me .. effectively nothing unless there's
a same as statement. A canonical property would let Alice also say, these
are my two names, but update your own references to use this new one
instead.