Calls for Participation on this list

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 10:24:45 +0100
To: Semantic Web IG <semantic-web@w3.org>
Dear all,

As you may recall, I recently asked members of this list and
public-lod@w3.org about attitudes to calls for participation [1].

Following that survey, the majority view is that:

1. CfPs are not welcome on public-lod@w3.org.

2. *Some* CfPs are tolerable on this list (semantic-web@w3.org), but
only if:

- the event is specifically about Semantic Web technologies;
- the string '[CfP]' appears in the subject line (for personal filtering).

As you'll have seen, I am making an effort to enforce this. One
persistent spammer has been blocked from all our lists and I've just
warned another person who sent a message about an event that, at best,
has only vaguely passing relevance.

If you are organising a workshop and want to publicise your CfP then
please follow those simple rules above. Messages about relevant
workshops with [CfP] in the subject line are OK. Of course, discussions
about Sem Web issues are welcome - that's what the list is for.

Everything else is spam.

Thanks

Phil.

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2016Mar/0051.html