Re: Survey: Use of this list for Calls for Papers

Besides being the primary W3C outlet for SW related topics, semantic-web@w3.org is in my feeling also the primary outlet for the research community in this area. So, spreading calls for papers there is as natural as using dbworld in the databases community.

My feeling is that of we ban CfPs on this list, we cut one of the major distribution channels for CfPs in our community.

One way around that (and I am not sure myself whether I'd be in favor of that or just happy with the status quo) would be to - following the example of dbworld - allow CfPs only to be sent through a (captcha-protected) Web form, and block/ban CfPs from individual users only, but still distribute them through this list.

just my two cents,
Axel

--
url: http://www.polleres.net/  twitter: @AxelPolleres