Re: Call for position statements "PROV: Three Years Later"

From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:01:42 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org, Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com>
On 2016-03-26 14:23, Paul Groth wrote:
> To facilitate publication on the Web, authors are encouraged to submit
> documents in HTML, using the RASH framework
> <https://github.com/essepuntato/rash> (Research Articles in Simplified
> HTML). Mutliple submissions for different experiences and/or
> requirements are welcome. As we are keen to gather as many experiences
> and requirements as possible, it is acceptable for authors to submit
> position statements, even if they cannot physically attend the workshop,
> as long as they inform the organizers.

@philarcher1 @w3c Why "..encouraged to submit documents in HTML, using
the RASH framework"? Why favoritism? Why not "HTML" full stop?

https://twitter.com/csarven/status/710510400589041664

@philarcher1 @w3c Explicitly asking for an arbitrary subset of HTML
isn't so different than asking PDF w/ a publisher's authoring guidelines

https://twitter.com/csarven/status/710511988481196032

.@csarven Not my call, I'm afraid (and I agree with you). Profiles of
all sorts of things are becoming more of an issue for us.

https://twitter.com/philarcher1/status/710523984782237696

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i