Re: Handling multiple rdfs:ranges

>From what I know, thinking about rdfs/owl:range as defining what "can be"
as range of the property is incorrect - it is defining what the range of
the property *is*, inferring a triple like: :x ex:prop1 :y . => :y rdf:type
:Dog

http://schema.org/rangeIncludes doesn't infer anything, so in case the
dataset with  :x ex:prop1 :y doesn't contain triple :y rdf:type :Cat then
there is no contradiction, and :y is a :Dog. This means defining a property
using both rdfs/owl:range http://schema.org/rangeIncludes is not advisable,
as these inconsistencies could appear. You should decide if your properties
define the types of range (using rdfs/owl:range), or you rely on them
appearing in the dataset. I would recommend to do so (including unions as
range), since it is stronger definition of the relationship, better
maintaining the intended meaning when another type information (:y rdf:type
:Cat) is added to the dataset.

(It may help to think about property defined using
http://schema.org/rangeIncludes as a class of properties, which one of the
class is being used, being determined by the external type information)

Cheers,
Jiri