Re: Clarification about language tag

Interestingly, the wordnet "RDF" file [1] syntactically valid under RDF
1.0, but is syntactically invalid RDF 1.1 (at least, I believe it is a
syntax invalid, as opposed to being inconsistent).

OWL 2 is defined in terms of PlainLiterals, and permits, but does not
require, implementations to reject well-formed but invalid language tags.

Current versions of the OWLAPI are forgiving; the rdf4j RIO based parsers
can be be set to signal an error on invalid tags, but this behavior is
disabled by default.

[1] http://wordnet-rdf.princeton.edu/wn31.nt.gz