Re: [CfP] 1st International Workshop on Linked Data and Distributed Ledgers @ WWW2017

On 12 December 2016 at 20:22, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> wrote:

> On 2016-12-12 10:21, Luis-Daniel Ibáñez wrote:
>
>> LD-DL accepts submissions of up to 5 pages (plus one only for
>> references, for a total of 6) formatted in the ACM SIG Proceedings
>> template. Comprehensive submission instructions can be found at
>> https://sites.google.com/site/lddlworkshop2017/submissions
>>

> To summarize, all submitted papers must:
>> be written in English
>> contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses
>> be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings template with a font
>> size no smaller than 9pt
>> be in PDF (make sure that the PDF can be viewed on any platform), and
>> formatted for US Letter size. Files in Postscript (ps) or any other format
>> will not be accepted.
>> occupy no more than five pages, including the abstract and appendices,
>> with one additional page allowed for references (total 6 pages).
>>

> Workshop on "Linked Data and Distributed Ledgers" sounds hip!
>
> Requesting that sort of knowledge to be stored in paper user interfaces
> falls significantly short of this Linked Data/Web/UX thing. Handing the
> website over to google.com is risky - do you have an archival or
> distributed storage plan?

I've been arguing for a while that if you predicates in the directed graph
into a numerical ledger, you create a mathetmatical network [1].

I believe this will open out a whole new world of use cases and research,
as happened in mathematics in the transition from graph theory to network
theory.

The sanest way to do this is a simple data structure that has a source
node, a destination node, an amount and possibly a unit.

I hope that at some point this becomes a natural extension to the semantic
web.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_theory