Re: RDF and the Test of Independent Invention

From: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 14:34:50 -0400
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
On Apr 30, 2016 1:28 AM, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:

>> OK, so perhaps in future, this problem will be solved, if people move to
accepting predicates as literals.  But maybe that wont happen too.  I am
unsure here.

> I must admit I can't see any plausible use case for this, unlike some
other generalizations of RDF syntax (literals in subject position, blank
nodes in predicate position) which do have real uses.

One possible use case would be to embed something roughly equivalent to
CycL Kappa expressions (anonymous predicates). That would allow for
negative property assertions, inverse assertions, and even disjunctive
assertions.

I don't know if that rises to the level of plausible though...

Simon