Re: [Wikidata] [Wikidata-l] DBpedia-based RDF dumps for Wikidata

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hoi,
> Do I understand correctly that the information is all based on Wikipedia
> information and that a large part is NOT in Wikidata..

Hi Gerard,

This dataset originates directly from Wikidata so it's only statements that
exist in Wikidata atm.
With the mapping process we map Wikidata properties & classes to the
DBpedia ontology and transform the statements accordingly.

For instance
wdt:Q42 wkd:P31 Q5 ;
  wkd:P569 "11-03-1951"^^xsd:date.

will be transformed to
dbw:Q42 rdf:type dbo:Person; # plus all transitive types from the DBpedia
ontology
  dbo:birthDate  "11-03-1951"^^xsd:date.

> Can you say something about the mapping of the missing statements to
> DBpedia.
>
> How hard would it be to include the basic information about people like
> day of birth/death ??

If your point is to include missing Wikidata statements from DBpedia, this
can be a step towards towards this goal since now it is easy to compare the
differences.

Best,
Dimitris